Monday, October 23, 2006

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

What do you suppose would happen if you followed your dreams? Sure, it seems like an easy question. Your life would be perfect and you would have everything you want. Well, I don't think it's that easy.

Don't get me wrong, I think everybody should follow their dreams, I'm just saying the path to your perfect life might not run that smooth. You will probably have to go through some hardships and rough patches before you have the life you want. So now the question becomes, is it worth it?

Let me just share a little bit of what's going on with me. I quit my job of 16 years a couple of months ago to follow my dream of becoming a writer. I mean, I loathed and despised my job so it was an easy decision to make. But, I'm not on easy street where the roads are paved in gold, not yet anyway.

You know the old saying, "life is a journey," well, I think the road to perfection is a journey. I just started getting paid for my writing, so I have moved a little way up that street, but after two weeks of writing day and night I have only made about $200. So you see, reaching your goals takes some effort and time.

I can tell you this, regardless of my lack of funds I am much happier now that I was three months ago.

No comments: