Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stretch Your Stress Away

For the past few years, I have been practicing Yoga. I say practicing because I have never gotten past the beginners stage, but I don't think you need to, to experience some of Yoga's benefits.

I do about 20 minutes a day of some basic Yoga moves, and I feel More limber (meaning I'm less likely to pull a muscle turning to look behind me), more focused, (which is hard for me, my mind tends to wander a lot), and more relaxed, (also hard for me as I tend to be a very anxious person.)

You know how how tight your body feels after getting up in the morning, well at least mine does, after doing some easy Yoga stretches, I feel so much more limber. I literally can't bend all the way down to touch my toes when I first get up, and after doing my morning Yoga, I can twist my body all the way around. Ok, not a complete 360, but I think you know what I'm talking about. Yoga is also a great way to meditate and focus.

My mind goes a 1,000 miles a minute, and I find it very difficult to focus on the things I need to do. After doing my morning routine, I'm calmer and feel my mind is much clearer. It is also a great way to help relax yourself.

I tend to be a bit on the anxious side, everybody who knows me is laughing right now, and doing Yoga has given me some tools I find helpful in getting rid of unwanted stress. It's not just the body stretching, it's also the breathing techniques that are so beneficial. That's what I think helps in the stress category.

My point here is this, you don't need to be able to bend your body into pretzel like positions to enjoy the benefits from Yoga. Remember the saying, a little goes a long way. So, take a little time to unwind and let me know if it doesn't make you feel so much better.
Ads by AdGenta.com

No comments: