Friday, October 06, 2006

HOW TO BEAT THE FLU

How do you beat the flu? We are entering the cold and flu season, and if you're like me you'll get each of them at least once over the next few months. We all know how lousy we feel when we come down with the symptoms associated with colds and flu's, but what's even worse is how they interrupt our lives and leave us out of commission for those 2-5 days it takes to get over them. Wouldn't it be nice to avoid it all together? Unfortunately, most of us can't, but I have found a few things you can do to alleviate the symptoms if you do get the flu, and maybe even protect yourself from getting it at all.

Nothing I'm sharing with you is some state-guarded secret. Most of us have heard these tips before, mostly from our mothers. But, with everybody leading such busy lives I felt a little reminder wouldn't hurt:

1. Drink plenty of liquids:
I'm talking about water and maybe some herbal tea, not your favorite diet soda. Not those so-called healthy drinks, which are really loaded with more sugar than the soda, either.
2. Get plenty of rest:
This one is key because you're more apt to getting the flu when you're body is run down and tired.
3. Eat lots of fruits and vegetable:
They are chalk full of phytochemicals, which help protect against cell damage and boost the immune system
4. Take Oscillococcinum:
This stuff is amazing! I took it last year when I was coming down with the flu. It's a homeopathic medicine, and it comes in small tubes which taste like sugar, (I swear!) you take one tube full every 6 hours, and you'll feel much better. From my experience, it eases the symptoms and stops the flu from getting worse. You're still sick, but it doesn't progress to a worse state, so obviously you want to start taking it at the onset of your symptoms.

I hope this helps. Like I said, no real new information, just a little reminder to help get you through the season.

If you want more information regarding homeopathic remedies go to
Ads by AdGenta.com

No comments: